Best Drugstore Makeup Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As college students, we all know the struggle of wanting to look good on a budget. As for makeup, there are ways to give yourself a flawless look that high end products can give for way less. Here are some of the best products that you can find at the drugstore to get the perfect look for a great price.

1. Foundation

The Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation is everything you could possibly want in a foundation. It includes primer, foundation, and concealer. This foundation does a great job of covering up blemishes or redness in the skin. It feels light on your skin, has great coverage and you don’t need to use a lot. It doesn’t cake onto your skin.

2. Concealer 

If you have dark circles under your eyes, the NYX Dark Circle Concealer is for you. It is technically a corrector meant to cancel out any dark spots on the skin, but works just fine as a concealer. It can be used to cover dark under-eye circles, blemishes, scars, etc. For a little extra coverage, you can add a little bit of any liquid concealer on top. It comes in a little pod but it lasts longer than you would think, and it only costs a few dollars. There is an orange tint in the concealer, with is (along with a red tint) the best for canceling out darkness in the skin.

3. Eye shadow

Maybelline’s nude eye shadow palette is a great palette for a good price. The secret in looking for a good eye shadow is testing it with your finger to make sure it is pigmented. These nude palettes have become very popular since the Naked palettes started coming out. This Maybelline palette has very pretty colors that you can blend together to make a stunning look that any girl could pull off, for a much more affordable price. 

4. Eyeliner

There are a few different forms of eyeliner, whether it be pencil, liquid, or cream. One of the best drugstore eyeliners is the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Cream Pencil Eyeliner. There are many different colors to choose from. These eyeliners go on smooth, are very pigmented, and stay on for hours. Cream eyeliner is great because it goes on so easily, and in pencil form it is so easy to control and give yourself the look you want. This eyeliner can be used for an everyday look, but also for a more dramatic look, nighttime look.

5. Mascara

Everyone looks for something different in mascara, whether it be length, volume, thickness or consistency. The Revlon Lash Potion adds length and volume, and it lasts all day. You could pile it on all you want for a more dramatic look without it getting too clumpy. This is a mascara that could work for everyone, and it is a very affordable price.

6. Bronzer

Everyone wants a healthy looking glow, but it is really hard to find a bronzer that doesn’t look too orangey on the skin. The Milani Baked Bronzer helps with that healthy glow affect and gives you a dewy, bronzed look. 

7. Blush

Maybelline’s Dream Bouncy Blush is a cream and easy to apply – just get some on your finger and dab it on your cheeks. It gives a more natural look than the typical powder blush, and comes in different colors ranging from a light pink to a deep red. It gives some color to your face without making you shimmery or shiny, like some blushes do. It is very natural looking and being able to apply it with your fingers makes it so easy.

8. Lips

NYX has so many different kinds of lip products and colors, it is hard to choose just one. They have lipstick, lip gloss, lip balm, matte, glossy, and so on. Their lip products are rich and vibrant, and are not goopy or sticky like some lip glosses can be. They last awhile, so there will be no need for a lot of reapplication. 

The moral of the story: just because a product has a higher price does not always make it better. You would be surprised at what great products you can find without breaking the bank.

Photos Provided by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8