Style > Beauty

The Best Drugstore Concealers for a Broke College Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It can be overwhelming going into a drugstore and seeing so many concealers, especially with mixed reviews online. There are so many concealers and not all of them are created equally. In the past few years, drugstore brands have greatly improved their product lines.  We all know that a concealer may work for one person and not another, which is why I am sharing my four favorite drugstore concealers.

1. For acne coverage

Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Full Coverage Concealer– $7.00

This was the first Makeup Revolution concealer that I tried and I keep coming back to this concealer. You can only buy this concealer at Ulta or online, but with such a cheap price it’s worth the extra effort. They have a large color range and they recently expanded the color range, so you’re bound to find something that matches. This is a great concealer for covering acne and any discoloration on the face and lasts all day. Avoid putting a triangle under your eyes though, because it is very thick and can look cakey quickly and cause creasing. 

2. For skin like coverage

Colourpop No Filter Matte Concealer– $6.50

Colorpop has an amazing formula that gives a skin-like finish. A lot of matte concealers are drying, but this concealer has a beautiful creamy texture. It is great for under eyes and does not have any creasing, even when you build up coverage. However, I would not call this a full coverage concealer because I have had issues covering acne with it. It is still a good option if you want a natural skin-like finish. This is by far one of my favorite concealers because of how natural it looks. Currently, it is sold on the Colourpop website and I have seen it in-store at Ulta. 

3. For complete coverage

Covergirl TruBlend UnderCover Concealer– $11.99

I believe that this concealer came out in 2019 and is one of the newer concealers on my list and one of the most expensive. This concealer has a lot of coverage without looking cakey on the skin and is great for covering up imperfections AND under eyes. This formula is a little oily so I would suggest this for people with normal to dry skin. When using make sure to go in with a little product to build up coverage to avoid cakiness. This concealer can be found at most drugstores and superstores, as well as Ulta. 

4. For redness and veins

Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Concealer– $4.49

This concealer is best suited for people with normal to oily skin because I do find it to be drying. For the price, you can’t go wrong with this concealer. There is no flashback, however, I would not suggest this if you are trying to cover every dark eye bags. It covers up imperfection like a dream and is great to cover up redness. It blends very well and is a good option to use before you apply eyeshadow to hide veiny lids or to clean your brows. However the color range in most stores is limited, there is slightly more variety of colors range on Ulta’s and Wet N Wild’s website. This is the only suggestion on this list that is not cruelty-free because they sell their products in China. 

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.