Best Cosmetics Found at the Drugstore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Looking to revamp your makeup? On a budget? These are the products, located conveniently at your local drugstore, you need to help amplify your look!

NYX Wonder Stick ($12)

Everyone is contouring and highlighting these days, and this product really helps make it easy! This dual-ended stick contains a contour color and a non-shimmery highlight color to help make the process a little easier. This convenient product is just $12 and has been compared to KKW Beauty’s contour sticks, which is $48. You cannot beat the price for the quality and amount of product in the package. I’ve had mine for years and I still have product left.

L’Oreal Glam Bronze Bronzer ($9)

This bronzer is my go-to! This bronzer contains a lot of product and has beautiful colors for all skin tones. This bronzer has a bit of shimmer in it, but it is undetectable on the skin. The bronzer blends out very easily and can be built up easily. I also love to use this product all over my eye-lid and crease for a quick, yet gorgeous, eye look.

Milani Baked Blush ($8)

Milani Baked Blushes are one of the most beautiful blushes you could pick up at the drugstore. These baked blushes will last for a long time and give a beautiful finish to the cheeks. The shade “Luminoso” is a great, pinky/peach blush that is perfect for numerous different skin tones.  

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner ($4)

These pencil eyeliners are perfect. They stay in the waterline all day and are sold at a very low price. These eyeliners, which come in an assortment of colors, are definitely the best in the drugstore. If you enjoy these eyeliners, definitely try out their lip liner pencils, too!

Wet n Wild Photo Focus Foundation ($6)

This foundation, released around this time last year, has taken the world by storm! This foundation, personally, has been my daily foundation! This lightweight foundation can give the skin anywhere from light coverage, to full coverage. This thin foundation formula makes it easy to blend out and build coverage. There are 20 shades of this foundation And it is UNDER TEN DOLLARS (usually around $5-6)!? Do I really need to say more….

Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powders ($5)

Wet n Wild is known for being the cheapest brand, and yet they bring their customers products that rival high end brands. These highlighters are smooth, pigmented and blend out beautifully. These highlighters come in an assortment of colors, from everyday golden shades to iridescent vibrant colors. It is usually hard to find this product, this section is always empty on the shelves.  

***Prices vary depending on store and brand’s website, listed prices are from brand’s website***

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.