The Best Coffee and Breakfast Spots to Scope Out in and Around Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Looking for a great little latte and bagel? Looking for a pastry to indulge in with your cup of joe when social distancing is over? Here is the list of our favorite cafes and restaurants in Boston and Greater Boston.

1. Finagle-A-Bagel, Newton, MA

Looking for the perfect bagel and cream cheese? Finagle-A-Bagel has a ton of endless and unique options in Newton. It is a test kitchen as well, so if you go early enough you can catch them making the bagels they sell in their store and in grocery stores. They have great little sandwiches you can get to on any bagel. I recommend the tomato cheddar melt with avocado and their hazelnut iced coffee! 

2. Caffe Nero, Downtown Crossing

There are actually many locations in Boston and greater Boston areas, my favorite is the downtown crossing location. Set up like an old book shop, makes great for an Insta story picture. They have great lattes and croissants. I have brought a few friends here and everyone has loved what they have gotten. 

3. Thinking Cup, Downtown Crossing

The little cafe has a few locations in Boston. They have great lattes that honestly tasted better than a Starbucks and was cheaper! I personally got a caramel latte and it came in the shape of a heart, so it was super cute and tasty. If there was one close to where I live I would possibly go every day because it was not expensive and was super yummy! 

4. The Back Deck, Downtown Crossing

The Back Deck located in Downtown Crossing does mostly lunch and dinner, but they serve excellent brunch on the weekends. They do serve great lunch and dinner, but for brunch, I would recommend the french toast with berries and chocolate sauce! 

5. Caffe Vittoria, North End

Located right next to the best North End bakery, and do not fight me on this, Mike’s Pastries, Vitoria’s is a cute little place if you are looking to sit down somewhere for your dessert and the perfect cappuccino. 

6. The South End Diner, South End

My favorite part is that it is open twenty-four hours a day! There are not too many restaurants in Boston that are. Wh ether you need a little night snack or a great breakfast, this is the place to go! My roommate and I both went and both loved what we got. Personal favorites were the pancakes and homefries. 

I hope these gave you some ideas for your next pick me up or perfect cup of coffee! 

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.