This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Journaling has been a big part of my life for quite some time now. For years it has been an escape for me! There’s nothing better than opening to a fresh page in your journal and just writing whatever comes to mind. Many people, myself included, find journaling to be a great way of de-stressing and getting out those pent-up emotions that you may not be able to talk about to other people. I love to write about my day, conversations with friends, feelings about guys, etc. I love the feeling I get after journaling. It’s like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. There’s also nothing more exciting than the supplies you use when journaling. In this article, I’m going to give you five of my favorite journaling items.

1. Journal

This is an obvious one. Find yourself a pretty notebook. Can’t find a notebook you like? Don’t worry, just DIY it!

2. Writing Utensils 

There’s an abundance of different writing utensils you can try. Do you prefer pens, pencils, colored pencils, markers, or something else? What you want to use is completely up to you.

3. Bookmarks

I like to mark the page I left off on after I finish writing. You can buy notebooks that have ribbon bookmarks. You could DIY one. Or you could use sticky page tabs like I do. It’s completely up to you.

4. Washi Tape

This might seem random, but I like to use washi tape in my journal. It’s great for dates and headers. Also, it makes your pages fun and colorful.

5. Pictures, articles, stickers, etc.

These are just extras, but I love to find other ways to incorporate these items. I love to include printed pictures sometimes when I write about my day. If I find an article that I love or that I want don’t like, I will put them in my journal and write about them. I don’t do this often, but I love to use stickers once in a while in my journal.

The most important thing about journaling is to have fun with it, and express yourself! 

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.