*ATTN* Indie Pop Band Peach Pit Finally Changes Their Clothes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Vancouver based indie-pop band Peach Pit debuted their hit album Being So Normal in 2017 and took over the charts with songs like “Drop The Guillotine” and “Alrighty Aphrodite.”  Since their rise to popularity, one thing has always stayed constant- their clothes. In nearly every music video or live performance, each band member has their own personal ‘uniform’ consisting of clothes they thrifted featuring Neil showing off his complementary color skills, Christopher wearing his infamous red turtleneck, Peter sporting pink overalls, and Mikey with his classic pale yellow button-down.  

For the last two years, the boys have stayed pretty quiet but teased new music, or lack thereof, on their Instagram quite often.  Now, the band has announced their sophomore album is complete and a release date is soon to come.  They also released a single, “Feelin’ Low (F*ckboy Blues)” on their Youtube channel,  giving fans hope that *finally* something new is coming. The song was written a few years ago, but only just now is being released, Neil admitted to Idolator

He said, “The first line of the song is ‘I want something more or less than what I have,’ which is me trying to say how disconnected I can get.  I’m constantly flip-flopping between wanting more connection with the people around me and pulling away to deprive myself of it, it’s a weird cycle I get into,” he continues.

The boys knew that with entering a new era, they needed an updated look and posted this photo on Instagram showing off their new ‘fits, as well as updating all other social platforms and their Spotify photos. Personally, we’re happy to see that Peter is still wearing his overalls. The new-look is more mature with more muted colors, so one can only wonder if this will allude to the new album being less upbeat and sweet, unlike the first album that was bright and focused mainly on adolescence and the last days of summer. 

We can only hope that with the new announcement of the wardrobe change that the album will be here soon.  You can stay up to date with them on their Instagram here and listen to them on Spotify here

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.