Anne Hathaway Just Confirmed Princess Diaries 3 and I Am NOT Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Anne Hathaway just dropped huge news while chatting with Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live.  Hathaway confirmed The Princess Diaries 3 (unofficial title) is for sure happening!

Hathaway said, “I want to do it. Julie [Andrews] wants to do it. Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen.”

As we all do! However, it may take some time because Hathaway then said,”It’s just we don’t want to unless it’s perfect because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you, and we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready, but we’re working on it.”

It has been a rumor for a couple years, but we are very happy Hathaway has confirmed it! Even before Hathaway confirmed there was a script, the author of The Princess Diaries book series, Meg Cabot, told Entertainment Weekly that a script exists.

Of course, her best friend would be in it too. In July 2016, Heather Matarazzo, who played Princess Mia’s best friend Lilly Moscovitz, told Cosmopolitan that she would definitely return for another sequel. She said, “If Annie and Julie are down, of course.” It’s been fifteen years since the last Princess Diaries movie came to theaters. She didn’t say how far along the script was or when the movie would come out, but whenever it comes out we will be very excited!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.