The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For Spring Break this year, three of my best friends and I set out for a three-day adventure in South Beach, Miami, Florida. It started on our flight from Boston to Miami International Airport on Frontier Airlines. We were skeptical of flying Frontier at first but were pleasantly surprised at how smoothly everything went. We were half an hour early to the Miami airport, and the only real issue I had was that my backpack didn’t quite fit in their personal item bin and I had to pay for a carry-on. This was minor, however, and I always think you should be prepared for these kinds of things when you travel. 

The Airbnb we stayed at on South Beach was in the perfect location; only one block from the beach, within walking distance to several shops and restaurants, and it had a great rooftop pool. We got it for such a good price, I would stay there again! The first evening we were there we tried a great restaurant called Taco Taco, which was steps from our Airbnb. Although it took a little longer to get our food, the burrito I had was worth the wait, and the decor was so colorful and fun! We spent the first evening relaxing, playing games, and shopping around the area. 

On our second day in paradise, we woke up early and spent the morning by the pool on the rooftop of our Airbnb, where we were the only ones there and enjoyed taking pictures. We walked to a great brunch restaurant, Cafe Americano, where I had a quinoa bowl and sat outside enjoying the sunshine. We spent the afternoon on the beach, which was not as crazy as we were expecting it to be for Spring Break. It was busy, but people were relaxing instead of partying. 

In the evening we went to Gianni’s Restaurant at the former Versace Mansion, which was an amazing experience. The decor was beautiful, and there was a pool in the center of the restaurant that made for a great photo spot. The whole place looked so elegant, and the food matched this energy. I ordered the Cacio e Pepe which came in a pecorino cheese wheel. The waiter mixed the pasta in the cheese wheel and then plated it in front of me. For dessert, I ordered the tiramisu, which the waiter also put together at the table, so we got to see each ingredient he was including. The whole meal was a complete experience, and the food was amazing. Afterward, we went on a boat cruise around Biscayne Bay and got to see several million-dollar celebrity homes as well as a beautiful view of the city at night. I would 100% recommend doing a boat tour and eating at the Versace Mansion on your trip to Miami!

The morning of our third day was spent at the pool once again then stopping for a delicious croissant from San Gines. After a relaxing morning, we went for lunch on Ocean Drive at Oh! Mexico where I enjoyed a blueberry lemonade and a Mexican-inspired burger with guacamole, grilled queso fresco, chipotle mayo, and chorizo blended with Angus beef. We then spent more time at the beach before heading to Sweet Liberty for a St. Patrick’s Day cocktail. I ordered a “Watermelon Etc” drink off their happy hour list, which runs every day from 4-8 pm. They have an extensive list of cocktails, and it was a great place to hang out and talk! We grabbed a quick dinner at Time Out Market, did some light shopping, and headed back to our Airbnb for an early night in since our flight left at 6:30 am the following day.

I would highly recommend Miami as a Spring Break destination. South Beach was fun and lively, and we had such a great time! There are so many great restaurants and new places to try, and the location we stayed in was perfect since it was so close to everything.  

If you want to see more photo or video content from my trip, check out @her.one.way.ticket on Instagram!

Alexis Grant

Lasell '23

A Junior at Lasell University, Alexis majors in Journalism and Media Writing with a minor in Fashion Media and Marketing. Alexis is interested in dance, photography, social media, travel, and music. In her free time, she enjoys binge-watching her favorite tv shows on Netflix and spending time with her friends and family!