Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Alumni Adventures: Reasons I Am Okay with Being Single with Liz Chapman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Miss our old staff? Us too. We thought there’s no better way to throw it back than by inviting some of our fav alumni writers back for one week only. Get ready to dive into the nostalgia!

Well, we are in the midst of cuffing season and with Valentine’s Day just ending, I have found myself often having Carrie Bradshaw style reflections. Is it me? Am I not looking in the right places? Am I too picky? But then, I remind myself of all of the reasons that I love my single status. To all the table for ones out who might be feeling a little lonely this year here are all the reasons I love being single.

1. No Plans

My number one reason I love being single is if I have the freedom to do what I want when I want. If I want to stay in and binge-watch The Mandalorian and do a charcoal mask, I don’t have to feel bad about canceling a date.

2. Me, myself, and my goals 

I have found that when I am in a relationship, I am distracted or my goals are for someone else’s happiness. When I am single they are for me to improve me.

3. Flirting is Fine 

I can go out to a bar and if a cute guy tries to buy me a drink my first reaction doesn’t have to be, “Sorry I have a boyfriend.”

4. F.R.I.E.N.D.S

When I am single I feel that I always spend more time with my friends and this isn’t always the case when I’m part of a pair.

5. Phone free

Probably my number one reason I love being single is I can shut my phone off for a day or two without having to worry about texting someone good night or checking in.

Elizabeth is a Senior at Lasell College, she is a writer and President for the Lasell Her Campus chapter.