Life > Experiences

A Day in the Life of a College Senior at Lasell University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As a senior in college, my schedule has drastically changed from my freshman year. Somehow I’m very busy and still able to have more free time for myself. I guess I just got better with time management – lol. However, everyone’s schedules vary day by day, especially for seniors, and certainly for seniors at Lasell. So here’s what a day in my life looks like currently at Lasell University.

First, I like to get up around 7:00 AM even though it’s more so 8:00 or 9:00 AM from hitting snooze repeatedly. Then, I do my morning routine, pick an outfit, and I’m out the door. So, what happens next depends on the day; I either head to my 9:30 AM Organic Chemistry class or my 11:00 AM work shift. After either of the two are over, I usually grab a bite to eat (brunch or late lunch) with friends. But, I try to avoid the dining hall so I sometimes drive over to a fast food place or order something from my school’s dining service, 1851. Then, after lunch, several next steps can happen. I am very involved on my campus so I will either attend many meetings, go to the library or café to study, or meet up with my friends. My options are almost endless – haha. 

After this batch of happenings, it’s either time for a club meeting or a weekly scheduled meeting that I must attend so I will go to those. Then, by the time all my meetings are over, it’s usually pretty late in the evening, so I grab dinner with my friends. As I’m sure many people can relate, dinner or any social time leaves room for destressing, talking about your days, and gossiping about silly things. This goes to say that dinner may last up to an hour (sometimes more) due to engaging conversations. But, I don’t mind it because I enjoy spending time with friends who like to spend time with me.

Then after dinner, I usually go back to my dorm and this can consist of multiple things such as hanging out with friends more, doing homework, reading, calling my parents, studying, and/or getting ready to go out for the night. After that, my brain feels like mud, so I’ll do my night routine and put on comfy pajamas, watch a YouTube video, scroll on TikTok endlessly, or fall asleep. In the end, I’d say my days are less hectic than they have been in the past but I don’t mind because it’s my last semester and I’d rather enjoy every day as much as possible before I graduate and join the adult world. But, as of now, I will carry on as a senior at Lasell University.

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!