Style > Beauty

9 Easy and Natural Ways to Clear Your Skin Instantly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

There are many natural ways to help keep your skin clear, without spending money. No need to spend $60 on an elaborative facial, when you can just follow these easy tips.

1. Water

I can not emphasize this enough, drinks lots of water! It is so good for your skin to hydrate it and clear it up. Water can help flush toxins from the skin and shrink your pores, making them less likely to clog and cause a zit. Our pores can get clogged and enlarged throughout the day. The more water you drink, the better the balance of oil and water on the surface of your skin. This can help reduce your pore size, decrease acne breakouts, and reduce blemishes.

2. Do not use too many products

Clogging your pores with too many products could cause your skin too not clear up. Try and stick to a minimum products for your daily skin care routine that you know will definitely  help your skin.

3. Eat clean

Avoiding foods with lots of fatty oils can help clear up your skin. It is okay to treat yourself here and there, but try and stick to healthy snacks and research foods that help reduce acne. 

4. Try avoiding touching your face 

We usually have oils and germs on our faces and touching our face with those are never good. 

5. Reduce your stress

Studies show that stress can cause certain hormones to make you breakout. We know that school, work, jobs, etc. can be very stressful, so make sure you take time for yourself and relax a little. We know that school, work, jobs, etc. can be very stressful. 

6. Always wash your face and take off your makeup

If you do not do this before bed, then you are leaving all the dirt, oil, germs, and makeup from the day on your face. This can create all of that to clog up your pores and breakout. 

7. Find Out Your Skin Type

This goes along with trying to reduce the number of products you put on your face. If you find out if you have oily skin, dry skin, or both, you can figure out what products you need. 

8. Make DIY face masks 

These can be face masks you can make from home with ingredients you have around the kitchen. I have written a previous article with different face masks recipes. 

9. Vitamin E

Eating foods with vitamin E is proven to be great for your hair, skin, and nails.

Since it is almost finals season, students tend to start getting stressed out, so hopefully, these tips help you keep your skin clear!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.