Wellness > Sex + Relationships

8 Not So Boring Date Ideas for You and Your Honey This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Having trouble coming up with a more exciting date idea than dinner and a movie? If you are like us and live somewhere where the winters are really cold and can not do fun outdoor activities that sometimes limits the choices for fun dates. Well, you came to the right place! Here are eight exciting date ideas for the wintertime!

1. Bake or Cook a New Recipe

Pick out a new fun recipe to try and go grocery shopping together to get all the ingredients. This can be a little more exciting than just going out to dinner. Cook dinner together, top it off with a homemade dessert, and have a night in! You might even be learning a new skill in the process or expanding on your cooking skills

2. Go Glow Bowling

Relive a childhood memory and go glow bowling! This could even be a fun double date idea and have a little competition! Some bowling alleys even have an arcade or a place to order food as well.

3. Indoor Glow Mini Golf

Obviously no outdoor mini-golf place is open during this time of year, so find a place that does indoor glow golf. Another great group date idea or just a friendly competition between the two of you. 

4. Try a New Movie Theater or Go to a Play

Some towns have local movie theaters that are usually less crowded and it is a fun experience trying somewhere new! If you have never gone to a play before, that can also be another new date idea. Plays are usually more expensive, so I would not recommend it as a first date idea.

5. Go to an Aquarium

This would be a super cute and fun first date. Who doesn’t love looking at penguins, turtles, or fish?

6. Go to a Museum

This could be another great first idea. Go to an art museum if you two are more the creative type or go to a historical museum if that interests you more. It leads to great discussions on the date. Museums and aquariums typically have a student discount as well. 

7. Go Ice Skating or Roller skating

Both romantic and can lead to some laughs if you are someone who is not that good at ice skating, like me.

8. Go Hiking 

If you can bear the cold or if it is a nice winter day, go for a hike in a state park! Makes for great photo ops too!

Whether you are looking for a first date idea or just something different, I hope these helped! 

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.