galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

7 Easy and Yummy Valentine’s Day Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a great excuse for baking some yummy treats. It does not have to be for just an S.O. either, it could be for friends, family, or yourself! Here is our list of easy, quick, and yummy treats for Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day! 

1. Classic Sugar or Butter Cookies 

Make a classic sugar or butter cookie recipe, in the shape of a heart of course! Walmart and Target both have cheap cookie cutters. You can go all out and decorate them with colorful icing and messages to look like sweetheart candies!

2. Chocolate Covered Strawberries

These you can never go wrong with! Classic milk or dark chocolate is always great, but another option is dying white chocolate pink and having pink chocolate covered strawberries!

3. Cake Pops

Why go to Starbucks, when they can be made at home! Decorate with pink and red sprinkles to make it Valentine’s Day themed.

4. Raspberry or Strawberry Cheesecake

An all-time favorite! Cheesecake can be made with four ingredients; cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. You can buy an already made graham crackers crust and some fresh strawberries or raspberries, super simple!

5. Classic Cinnamon Rolls With a Twist

Make homemade or Pillsbury cinnamon rolls and dye the white frosting pink or red to make it Valentine’s day theme! For extra flare add Valentine’s Day sprinkles as well.

6. The Perfect Cupcake

Chocolate cupcakes are a personal favorite, but vanilla could work as well. Make vanilla icing and add pink or red dye and then you have Valentine’s Day themed cupcake. Once again for extra points, add Valentine’s Day sprinkles. 

7. Strawberry Macarons

This is probably the trickiest recipe so here it is linked with step-by-step instructions. This recipe will for sure impress family, friends, or S.O. Anything of these recipes will be totally Instagram or Pinterest worthy.

Hope these recipes spark some ideas on what to make this upcoming week! Remember, Valentine’s Day does not have to be celebrated with just an s.o. It can be celebrated with gals, family, or to show some self-love!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.