This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As years go by, trends go with them. We have experienced so many trends in the past few years and many of them have been left in the dust. Here are a few examples.

1. Feather extensions- Feather extensions were a huge hit a few years ago. Everywhere you went, you saw a girl with a feather in her hair. This was a way for girls to have fun and expressive hair without dying it a funky color. We don’t know what happened, but someone decided it was time to stop wearing them and that was it.

1. Bandeaus- Not too long ago, bandeaus were the new big deal. Every girl needed every color bandeau in their closet to complete their outfits. They would wear them under shirts that had holes in it to accent the outfit. They were the “bras that were meant to be seen.” Too bad we haven’t seen them in a while.

1. Knee-High Socks- A couple of years ago, I could remember walking down the hallways in school and being jealous that the girls had better socks than I did. Everyone wore patterned knee-high socks with their school skirts and they rocked it. It didn’t last very long until we decided it wasn’t the best look.

1. Bermuda Shorts- Bermuda shorts were a huge deal in the early 2000s and earlier. Whether they were patterned or just jean, they were a must-have in every girl’s closet. They were perfect for when it was too cold for short-shorts but too hot for capris. Everyone was slaying the game in these shorts.

5. Hoop earrings- Last but not least we have hoop earrings. Surely you haven’t forgot about them but you probably forgot when the last time you bought a pair was. Hoops used to be a huge thing and everyone wanted to wear them. The bigger the hoop, the more attention you got. Shortly after, we all realized that there was really nothing special about huge hoop earrings so we decided to slow it down with those and keep them hidden in our jewelry boxes.