This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Just over a year ago, the Cincinnati Zoo welcomed Fiona the hippo into the world. Born six weeks early, Fiona defied the odds of survival and quickly became an internet sensation. In honor of Fiona’s first birthday I’m giving you five reasons why she’s my patronus.

• She’s basically a Disney Princess:

Fiona may be a internet sensation, but she also has a royal bloodline. Fiona’s grandfather Henry lives at Disney World’s Animal Kingdom, where he just welcomed his newest bundle of joy into the world. Fiona’s aunt or uncle (sex to be announced) was born Jan. 13 and is the first hippo to be born at Animal Kingdom in 13 years.

• She thrives on attention:

Since she was born, Fiona had eyes on her 24/7. She quickly learned how to #WerkIt for the camera. Her smize could make Tyra Banks envious.

• She’s a Trendsetter:

Fiona knows how to take fashion risks. At just four months old, she was already rocking the latest box ensemble. While some hippos would be scared to wear something unflattering, Fiona knows it’s the hippo that makes the outfit and not the other way around.

• She’s a Hopeless Romantic:

Fiona is truly a renaissance hippo. On top of being a Disney Princess, trendsetter and part-time model, she even has time to facilitate the most magical proposal to date. And they say that romance is dead.

• She knows the importance of a good nap:

Despite her busy schedule, Fiona knows when it’s time to take a step back and rest. When she does, she doesn’t skip a beat either. After her nap she is able to jump right back into her seemingly endless social life. Being an internet sensation is exhausting, but somebody’s gotta do it.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.