This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As the new season means change. The weather, the trees, the food, the style, and even hair have new beginnings once fall hits and are very different from other seasons. Being the daughter of a hairdresser, I have been taught that in the different seasons, new hair trends are brought forth so your hair looks appropriate for whichever season you are in. Here are some of the popular hair trends for this fall to look out for.

1. Messy Bun 

Messy buns are no longer only for lazy days or when you wake up late for class, they are now a very popular style to wear anytime! They can go with formal or more laid back styles. 

2. Unnatural colors 

Many people are choosing to add bright or pastel colors, either as highlights or on the whole head, for a creative look this fall. It appears pastel is the most common, but a variety of shades are being used. 

3. Bows

Bows, which were very popular a few years ago, are making a comeback. They can be added to any hairstyle you choose. 

4. Dark hair colors 

As summer blonde phases out for the year, it is replaced with rich, darker tones. Colors such as chocolate brown and black are very in style for this fall. 

5. Gel

Many people have chosen to use gel in their hair for slicked back twenties inspired look.

These looks are not only applicable to the runway, but to your daily life. No matter what the occasion, these trends can enhance your outfit or look.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)