jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Basic Things to Love About Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Let’s be real: Fall is the BEST season.  Now that fall has technically begun, we’re starting to see all the basic fall traditions return to their place in the spotlight.

1. PSL Everything!

Every basic girl knows that the key to beginning fall right is with a various array of PSL products from the classic latte to pumpkin donuts.  Kick it up a notch and even go for the PSL lotion and candles. Pumpkin spice season is in full swing!

2. Halloween movies

Every girl who grew up watching Disney Channel can’t wait for the best Halloween movies of all time such as Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown.  Other Halloween classics include The Addams Family and The Nightmare Before Christmas.  With all the options, you’ll have enough movies to watch until Thanksgiving.  

3. Posting the quintessential apple/pumpkin picking picture

Posting an Instagram picture of you with the most perfect looking apple or pumpkin is your signal to the rest of the world that, yes, it is fall and that you are so here for all of it (hayride or haunted house pictures are also accepted).

4. The return of fall fashion

You know you’re obsessed with fall when it’s 60 degrees and you could honestly just wear jeans and a t-shirt, but you go all out and put on your chunky fall sweater, your boots, or a flannel, or all of the above. Yay sweater weather!

5. Halloweekend

You know it’s fall when you and your girl gang start to brainstorm the perfect group costume ideas. Whether it’s store bought or DIY, getting the perfect cohesive group costume is Halloween goals!