legally blonde icky valentines day?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
legally blonde icky valentines day?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
MGM
Career > Her20s

3 Ways to Treat Yourself On A Lonely Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I have a secret to tell; I have never done anything for Valentine’s Day. My first boyfriend and I actually broke up because he said he wouldn’t be my valentine. I have never had the experience of a romantic brunch or movie marathon, and the only gifts I get are from my mom. At this point I’ve accepted my fate and have become my own valentine. So, I’ve created the best routine for giving yourself an amazing Valentine’s Day on your own:

Decide If You Want to Go Out or Stay In

The first step in planning the best Valentine’s Day for yourself is deciding how you want to spend your day. Would you rather visit some museums and treat yourself to a fancy lunch, or curl up in bed with some hot cocoa and a good book? Do whatever suits you and don’t be afraid to spoil yourself. Think of yourself the same way you would a partner or a close friend. 

Indulge In Some Retail Therapy

Listen, I’m not encouraging any irresponsible financial planning, but Valentine’s Day is all about going above and beyond for your loved ones. Why shouldn’t you be included in that? We all have that item we’ve been keeping an eye on but haven’t had the excuse to buy. Treat yourself! Whether you go into your favorite store, or order from the comfort of your home, it’s always great to yourself a gift. 

Make A Nice Meal

I don’t always feel at my peak when I’m shoveling down a Trader Joe’s frozen burrito. Instead, when I want to feel kind to myself, I make up a little meal. Nothing too complex, but something that I’ll really enjoy. It makes me feel better knowing that I put effort into myself. 

However you spend Valentine’s Day, make sure to enjoy some time for yourself. And if you’re completely alone, know that you always have yourself!

Julia LaPlante is the Vice President and Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Lasell. She oversees and assissts and E and S boards as well as the copy editing team. Away from Her Campus, Julia is a senior English major at Lasell. She works at Lasell's library as she studies towards her Masters in Library and Information Science. In her free time, Julia enjoys reading gothic literature, watching nerdy television shows, and walking in nature. Julia deeply believes in the importantce of mindfulness and chocolate to ones attitude.