The 3 Tips For Getting Out of the Syllabus Week Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The week after Syllabus Week is probably the worst. It may not be the worst week of the semester (let’s not forget midterms and finals), but it can be tough to get back into the swing of things after a long vacation. Here are some tips to help you get out of that Syllabus Week Slump. 

1. Plan a schedule.

Now that you have a rough idea of when homework is due, quizzes are given, and projects are passed in, you can put them all in your calendar. This doesn’t mean you should panic, though, when you look at the work for your classes. This will help you later on because you know when you’ll have time to study. Instead of stressing, consider it a heads up. 

2. Get a head start on your assignments.

You may feel overwhelmed when you see that Syllabus Week is over and you need to read three chapters in all five of your textbooks. With the free time you have before classes really start, get your work done now. Don’t be tempted by the new seasons added to Netflix; you can do that after, when you’ve read and can relax. 

3. Remember that right now, you have an A in the class. 

Think positive! If you haven’t turned in any assignments yet as you go into the first real week of classes, technically you have good grades so far. If you keep that mentality in your head, you will be more motivated to keep your grades up for the rest of the semester and get your work done. 

Good luck, collegiettes! 

Danie is a 2018 graduate of Lasell College. She served as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Lasell for two years, and wrote all four years. Danie also worked for Her Campus as a Community Management intern for two semesters, and was a National Feature Writer for six months. Danie studied Communication with concentrations in Journalism and Public Relations. She is currently seeking opportunities in the editorial or music industry. Follow her on all platforms at @raniedoberts and check out her website, raniedoberts.com.