11 Times Your College Roommate Was Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

College is scary. Not knowing your roommate is even worse. Once you get to know them, it can change your life. They may be your best friend forever. Here are some signs your roommate is your best friend.

1.You instantly have something in common. That’s it. Best friends for life. When they started to tell you about themselves, you just instantly knew that they didn’t need to say much more because they already won you over.

2. They know everything about you. You’ve stayed up all night talking on more than one occasion. You’ve told them all of the embarrassing stories and all the drama from high school. After a week, they officially know everything there is to know about you.

3.They will always get dinner with you when you have no one else. You will never be lonely because you always have them. When you are having a tough time making other friends, you can always rely on them to go out with you and have roomie bonding time.

4.They’ve stayed up all night with you when you were fighting with your boyfriend/girlfriend. They tell you that you’re right even when you’re clearly not. They also give you a shoulder to cry on when the fighting gets bad. They will never leave you when you need them the most.

5.Their clothes are your clothes. Obviously you raid their closet every morning even though you’re already late to class. You are the same size in everything and have the exact same taste so you basically live in their closet.

6. Same goes for makeup. You don’t even ask to use that palette anymore. When you go through their desk you might find some of your own stuff.

7. They know what you look like in the morning. They see you every morning at your very worst and they know how long it actually takes you to get ready for the day. That’s a secret that they take to the grave.

8. Your entire Instagram feed is “#RoomieGoals”. Let’s be real, who else would you be taking pictures with every time you go out? You can’t help it, you just take the best pictures with them.

9. They walk in on your hookups. And ALWAYS approve. They will go to the library to study so that you can do your own thing.  

10. They’ve seen you naked MILLIONS of times. They walk in on you all the time because who knocks in their own room? And let’s be real, you’re not walking all the way to the bathroom to change. #carefreelife

11. They’ve changed your life and you can’t imagine being without them. You have plans for the future like where you are going to live after graduation and dating brothers so that you can always hang out. You can see them being a bridesmaid at your wedding.

(all photos from Giphy.com)

(cover photo from tumblr.com)