This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Love them or hate them, if you haven’t already seen Little Mix’s music video for their latest single Strip, prepare to feel inspired.

Image from Rankin

The video features the girls appearing naked, with insults written all over their bodies to address the issues that they have had to face in their career so far. Some of these include ‘odd looking’, ‘fat’ and ‘ugly’- insults that are frequently thrown around by internet trolls.

Their Instagram post explaining the meaning behind the video states how it is ‘all about standing proud’ and the song was written ‘to encourage and empower people to be who they are’.

Image from Instagram

The band invited other women, including their friends and family as well as influencers and activists, of all shapes and sizes, to feature in the video.

Fans have since felt able to open up about their own experiences of low self-esteem, using the hashtag #StripForLittleMix.

Image from Twitter 

The release of the song comes just days after they announced their split from Simon Cowell’s record label, but that definitely doesn’t seem to have affected them. 

A video that features women from all different backgrounds and encourages self-confidence seriously ought to be praised.

Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.