Style

Who Was Best Dressed at This Year’s AMAs?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

The 47th annual American Music Awards on Sunday saw nominees and fellow stars take to the red carpet. Winners included Taylor Swift for Artist of the Year, Billie Eilish for Best New Artist, and BTS for Tour of the Year. But who hit the high notes when it came to the pre-show outfits?

Lizzo

In classic Lizzo style, this was a bold look, and she killed it. Custom-made Valentino ruffles, the 60s ‘do, and that teeny tiny bag – what’s not to love?

Selena Gomez

Dressed in Versace, Gomez stole the show this year in this lime green dress and matching heels. The statement necklace brought the glamour, whilst her gorgeous shoulder-length bob added the class.

Lil Nas X

Old Town Road superstar Lil Nas X absolutely killed this fluorescent green, sharp-silhouetted look. Only he could make lime green zebra print and square-toed boots fashion.

Halsey

Summer meets intergalactic dream in this Marc Jacobs ensemble. Halsey’s bleached brows, bold makeup, and edgy hairdo neutralise those heaps of ruffles.

Regina King

King absolutely nails sleek and sexy with this shimmering, key-hole cut black dress and matching headpiece.

Camila Cabello

Cabello took the red carpet opportunity to nod to her upcoming album Romance with this elegant, delicate Oscar de la Renta gown. The tousled braid and nude makeup keep this classy and cool.

Billy Porter

Just when you think he can’t pull any more fire looks out the bag, Porter delivers. This all-white outfit, with its oversized cape, structural headpiece, and pointed-toe brogues, is pure fashion.

Kesha

This Versace coat, featuring their classic gold, black and white print, was rocked by Kesha on the red carpet. And, as only you can with Versace, she was dripping in bling.

Constance Wu

Wu nailed cute-chic with this baby pink, diamante-detailed dress. The space buns and choker detailing take this dress from slightly underwhelming and misfitting, to super young and on trend.

Post Malone

This suit is a perfect red carpet look for the hit-making singer – it’s traditional yet modern, uncool and yet, as Malone has a habit of making anything look, very cool. 

Check out the full list of nominees and winners at this year’s AMAs here.

Emily Watson

Lancaster '20

Linguistics and English Language 👩🏼‍🎓