Top Three Quotes Of Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

In honour of World Kindness Day on the 13th of November, I decided to compile a list of my top 3 quotes of kindness to inspire others to spread the love!

1)

“Have courage and be kind”:

From Disney’s live action Cinderella (2015). This is one of my favourite quotes at the moment, inspiring everyone to stay hopeful and positive and to share these feelings with others. I love this film because of the message it carries throughout and it is definitely a philosophy I try to live by.

2)

“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely”- Roald Dahl, The Twits.

As a child, I adored books by the likes of Roald Dahl so it is wonderful to find that, as an adult, they still hold the same wisdom and weight as they did when we were younger. Although this quote doesn’t directly refer to kindness, I think ‘good thoughts’ and ‘kindness’ are birds of a feather and if we are kind to all those we meet, we will be happier in ourselves which will shine outwardly to those around us.  

3)

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted”- Aesop.

Upon one of my daily Pinterest searches, I stumbled across this lovely little quote that I had not heard before. I truly believe that kindness is not something that is wasted. Even if your act is not appreciated, you can rest easy knowing that you were kind towards another and that’s the best version of yourself you can be. There’s been so many occasions where my day has got just a little bit brighter when a till operator has actually taken their time to spare a smile or has told me to ‘Have a nice day!’. It’s a small price to pay for the chance of making someone’s day a little better!

I hope these quotes have inspired you to “have courage and be kind”, as it were! Be sure to check out @hercampuslancs on Instagram for more inspirational quotes like these, we aim to bring a little slice of sunshine to your days!

Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling