Summer Holiday Ideas on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I am craving the sun! However, I am also a poor student. To combat this, I visited saver website ‘Wowcher’ and found these incredible deals. Warning: possible increase of sun cravings!

Adventure Holiday

Ok, so at £600 for a week this is maybe at the top of your price range- but for Florida! This is a deal you cannot miss! If you haven’t been to the theme parks and water parks in Florida then you really are missing out- after all Florida is THE theme park capital of the world! Spend the days exploring Disneyland and Universal, (which are only 15 minutes away) and the evenings dining out and shopping at Old Town- or have a relaxing night in, as you’ll have a private pool!

Beach Holiday

How can you really say no to 5 nights away in sunny Mallorca for just £99?! With coastal views and within walking distance to the beach, this deal offers sunseekers the perfect getaway.  If you get bored of sunbathing on sandy beaches for days on end (even though personally I don’t see how that is possible) then don’t worry- pay Aqualand El Arenal a visit or maybe Palma Aquarium which is 10 minutes from your hotel. If that hasn’t won you over, tapas definitely will!

City Break

Why not head to Italy’s capital of chic with a few girl friends and immerse yourself in the architecture, culture and… let’s face it we’re going for the fashion! Shop in style at the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele- with its glass-and-iron dome, magnificent mosaics and marble floorways, the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele is definitely one of the world’s most glamorous shopping areas. Among its claims to fame is the planet’s first-ever Prada store, there since 1913. Whilst you’re at it, need a little luck (or a miracle in my case) for those exam results? Spin your heels on the famous mosaic bull which is said to bring good luck.

Or why not head on down to 10 Corso Como- the whimsical fashion and design emporium owned by former Vogue Italia editor Carla Sozzani. With bookshops, cafés, restaurants, B&Bs and galleries it really has become an essential port of call for anyone with the vaguest of interests in the fashion industry.

Why not end your trip with dinner on a tram?! Book an evening ride on ATMosfera, a vintage tram serving up dinner with wine- classy!

At £99 for 3 nights this is surely a winner and a 5* hotel no less!

Maybe you fancy a relaxing getaway just the two of you, and at £49 how can you resist? That’s £25 each- take a pass on that Zara top and you’re good to go. Nestled between the villages of Perivolos and Perissa, this hotel enjoys an ideal location just steps away from the beach and the indigo waters of the Aegean sea. Take a dip in the Jacuzzi, experience the vibrant beach bar scene together or discover the never-ending stream of secret beaches and coves.

Wherever you fancy, book in that well-deserved break and let the summer countdown begin! P.S download the Countdown app once you’ve booked- it makes day-to-day life so much more bearable! 

English Language and Linguistics student at Lancaster University, with a passion for all things magazine- be it beauty, fashion, lifestyle, career, reviews! Co-Editor for HerCampus Lancaster. Check out my instagram: conniemaitland  
Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!