Spotted!: School Bags

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Who remembers the joy of buying a new school bag before the Autumn term commenced? What was going to be cool: Back packs with badges littered all over them? Satchels? I remember Primark doing a whole range of big over night bags in a variety of patterns and we all had to have a different print.

When we came back to university for the Spring term, I couldn’t wait to get snapping everyone’s new clothes, Christmas presents, gift card purchases, New Year’s bling…But the weather has been so relentlessly vile, that no one’s had a chance to take a coat off, let alone wear anything less than seventeen layers with a huge scarf on top.

So, for this week’s Spotted! Column I have resorted to …. Bags.

The huge variety of shapes, sizes, colours made for a fun week, but I should warn you, some were taken at a moment’s notice, without any permission from the owner. Therefore if you see your bag in the column, thanks, and I like your bag style very much indeed. That’s the beauty of an iPhone; am I taking a picture? Or am I just studying my Facebook newsfeed very carefully?

There were men’s bags…

Bucket bags…

Colourful bags…

Studded bags…

Fringed bags…

Fruity bags…

Practical bags…

Vintage bags…

Eye-catching bags…

Whatever the weather, it turns out the people of the Lancaster campus cannot put their stunning bags down. I’m such a bag filler-upper. I stuff so much into my hand bag every day, you never know when you’re going to be stranded on a desert island (or just locked out of the house…)! I’m never without an umbrella, my sunglasses, my kindle and endless bottles of perfume and chewing gum. Who else has a huge bicep from carrying so much stuff around all day?

English Language student who loves fashion, blogging and working hard to bag my ideal career in consumer PR.