This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

As I’m writing this, it’s torrentially raining, winds are roaring, and the temperature just keeps on plummeting. In other words, it’s just a normal day weather-wise for all us Lancaster students. There is no better time of the year to cosy up on the sofa and delve into that box set you’ve been saving for a rainy day.

I certainly have, and I’ve quite literally become addicted to the American television series Revenge. 

Infact, I became so obsessed that I watched the first two seasons within three days, and I am now up to speed with the weekly UK releases which air on E4 on Mondays at 9pm.

Emily Thorne is a girl on a revenge mission, and will stop for no one. When her father is falsely accused and killed for treason, Emily seeks to destroy every individual who played a role in her father’s death- starting with the Grayson family. Along the way, she discovers various facts about her father’s past, which come to change her plans many times.

As Emily executes the stages of her elaborate plan, she finds herself becoming lost in revenge (much like I have done over the past few weeks!). We follow her path as she struggles with self-identity and true motivations. Just how far will Emily go to seek the ultimate revenge upon the Graysons?

Not only is the plot ridiculously captivating, actors Nick Wechsler, Josh Bowman and Barry Sloane all play lead roles in Revenge, and let me tell you, it’s worth committing to just for their ravishing good looks and charm. Oh stop it, I’m blushing!

The fashion in Revenge is also, as Emily would put it, to die for.

Emily VanCamp (Emily Thorne) wears a variety of vibrant evening wear alongside a more chic day wardrobe. She wears clean cut lines, perhaps echoing the fierce nature of her character, but also experiments with delicate, girly styles- juxtaposing her revengeful nature. This is done so with the use of pastels and lace. Emily can often be seen wearing Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Asos.

Frequent appearances from fashion guru Ashley Madekwe fill me with revengeful ideas! Her sophisticated blend of unusual colours and textures are heaven for any fashionista. Whilst I’m watching Revenge, I spend half the time researching Ashley’s wardrobe! Girls; let’s start our own revenge mission. I’d do anything (and I mean anything) for her wardrobe! Ashley’s wardrobe loves Anthropologie, Michael Kors and Balenciaga. 

So, grab a hot chocolate and a hot water bottle and lose yourself in the world of Revenge this January. Just remember- there’s no turning back!

English Language and Linguistics student at Lancaster University, with a passion for all things magazine- be it beauty, fashion, lifestyle, career, reviews! Co-Editor for HerCampus Lancaster. Check out my instagram: conniemaitland  
English Language and Sociolinguistics student at Lancaster University. Writer, editor and soon to be teacher.Campus Correspondent for HC Lancaster: emilyhaigh@hercampus.com.Instagram: emilykatehaighTwitter: EMHAIGHx