kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

*Disclaimer: this is going to be a rant. But I hope it resonates and makes even just a few other Lancaster University students, and students across the globe, chill out.*

Ever wondered how to keep going when the going gets tough? Literally, keep going.

I hate how this simple fact is getting overlooked day in and day out.

Stressed out students are eating their way through junk food in a library that, while it says its 24hr, doesn’t mean it is recommended to stay in the library for all that time.

I’m tired of seeing students slaving over reems and reems of paper, with words in size 5 font and overstretched margins, and taking breaks from studying by walking…up and down the floors of the library.

Please, wake up.

Get out of the library, and breathe in the fresh air.

Enjoy a hot drink in Costa Coffee, a gourmet waffle in The Deli, or even a whole pizza from Pizzeta.

Sit on the steps of Alexandra Square and laugh as the ducks try to steal your lunch. 

There is so much more to university than the grade that will be written on your certificate by the end of your final year.

You were made for so much more than all the stress and the pressure you feel. 

Life is full of contradictions and lies, but it is also full of love and passion, and sweetness.

Get out of your own mind.

Speak to other students.

Enjoy the time you have.

It all goes by so quick, and the last thing you want is to reach final year and regret not having made the most of every moment, both in the library, and outside of the library.

Do those social things, your youth won’t last.

We age, that’s the reality.

Live in the present.

You will get that degree.

And you will ace it.

But enjoy the process.

You’re exposing your mind, crafting yourself and carving out your space in the world.

Own it.

All of it.

Anna Mather

Lancaster '19

Anna is a final year student of French & Linguistics at Lancaster University and will graduate in 2019. She is one of Lancaster's Chapter Correspondents. Her favourite topics to write about are fashion, style and interior design ideas. She loves to share photos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ku_layrosas/ She also runs Kulayrosas, her own fashion, faith and lifestyle blog: https://kulayrosas.com/