This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.
  1. Freckles by Lawrence and Perfect by Anne-Marie

Retreating to your room comes with its struggles. Being unable to hang out with your friends at your favourite café or to stress-shop before a certain deadline; the list goes on. These two songs I have picked out to start the playlist are to remind you of the importance of loving yourself, especially during these times. Remember to be patient with yourself and your body will thank you!

1. comethru by Jeremy Zucker and Doing All Right by Queen

We all work differently and having to adapt to new changes in your lifestyle can be the root to a lot of stress. Including these (and many other songs in the playlist) is my attempt to remind you that you’ve got time. You are okay. You will do the things you need to do in your own time. Remember – this time isn’t easy for anyone, and you are not alone.

1. I Don’t Want It At All by Kim Petras and Honeymoon Avenue by Ariana Grande

Alright, now we’re getting into groovy territory. Self-care is something personal yet different for each and every one of us, but what often works best is getting your boogie on in your room! You deserve it for making it this far, and you deserve nothing less each day.

1. Want You Back by HAIM and Show Me What I’m Looking For – Carolina Liar

These two songs remind me of road trips with my friends, or at least the kind of road trips with friends they show you on TV. Reach out to your loved ones and make sure you’re there for them during this difficult time, but don’t also isolate yourself from anyone reaching out to you – we all need a little help from our friends!

1. Want U Back by Cher Lloyd and Hey-Ya by Outkast

I don’t have much of an excuse for including these, but when is the last time you listened to an iconic pop hit from the 2000s for that much-needed nostalgia high? Go back in time with these hits and thank me later once your happiness starts spiralling.

I know the advice I’ve given is both cheesy and repetitive, but I cannot stress enough how weird this year has been for us all. Taking care of yourself is more important than it’s ever been, and it can overwhelming at times. Find your comfort in hobbies, activities or even TV shows – but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this little playlist and that it makes your day even a little brighter!

Here is the link for the playlist on Spotify: 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/288VIGdT0nMVCT98ghgkN6

I'm a second year English Language & Creative Writing student! My sources of inspiration are the works of David Lynch, Stephen King and David Bowie, so it's safe to say I'm a bit of a peculiar mixture.
Momna Khan

Lancaster '21

Third Year studying English Language and Literature