Last Minute Christmas Gifts On A Student Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll have left your Christmas shopping until the last minute, and by then you’re in a mad frenzy trying to work out what to get everyone on a student budget. This year I managed to be far more organised, and not only have I finished my Christmas shopping, I have also wrapped all of my presents! Therefore, I thought I would share a few of my favourite gifts that you buy get last minute, while having a personal touch!

Bamboo

Image from dobamboo.org

Bamboo is the small business of a fellow Lancaster University student, Laura Trigg, and her boyfriend Robbie. If you know someone who is passionate about helping the environment and can never say no to bathroom cosmetics, then Bamboo is the right place to look! With their objectives to reduce waste, their plastic free products are a great way to get on board with helping the environment while giving the perfect gift. The products smell great and are also budget friendly, starting from £2.49, up to £14.99 for my personal favourite, the Christmas bundle!

Niki Pilkington’s art work

Image from nikipilkington on Instagram

I have been obsessed with Niki Pilkington’s work for what seems like forever now and have been dropping many not so subtle hints to my friends and family for a new print! If you want to brighten someone’s day, these pieces of work are the way to go, with their bright colours that stand out. I am absolutely in love with all things travel related, so the world maps are my go-to every time, but there are plenty of different options to choose from, including gifts for your best friends, animal lovers, or something with a Welsh touch!

Star Sign candles

Image my own

One of my reliable gifts is a candle, but sometimes I feel they are a little impersonal. However, ASDA have the cutest coconut scented candles with star signs on the front! I recently bought one as a gift for Secret Santa, but I loved them so much, I couldn’t resist buying one for myself. I think they’re a great gift because it shows that you’ve put some extra thought into it by using their star sign to make it personal! What’s even better is they’re only £2 and make for a great stocking filler!

Experience Day Voucher

Image from Zip World

Sometimes it’s really hard to be creative with gifts, so what better way to give the best gift than to give someone an experience day? Websites such as Buy a Gift or Virgin Experience Days have vouchers for experiences ranging from afternoon tea, to adventures at places like Zip World from as little as £10. Rather than getting someone a pair of socks that will no doubt be lost in the wash, why not get them a day they won’t forget?

Free Prints

Image from iPhone Photography

For me, ‘Free Prints’ is a student essential; you can get 45 photos a month printed off and sent to your door, all while only paying for postage! Free Prints have an accompanying app called ‘FreePrints Photobooks’ where you can choose a selection of images that are printed into a book. They’re such a personal and meaningful gift as they’re commemorative of certain events or favourite moments that show just how much someone means to you. What better way to keep hold of your memories!

Angharad Evans

Lancaster '19

Angharad is a third year Management and Human Resources student, and will be graduating in 2019. She's an enthusiastic blogger, and particularly enjoys writing lifestyle and uni life articles!
Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.