Lancaster’s Loving…A Week in Shorts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

MondayDaytime: Job InterviewNighttime: Cocktails

Urban Outfitters win us over with these gorgeous monochrome shorts. Smarten up with a shirt and cropped blazer for the office, for an interview, or for a lecture. Or style them up with a black cami top and gold jewellery for cocktails with the girls at night.

[pagebreak]

TuesdayDaytime: Shopping TripNighttime: Eating Out Not only are these shorts the prettiest things you’ve ever seen (you may have noticed them in my last article), but they are also from our fave shop, Topshop; in the sale for under a tenner. Team them with a jumper (a clashing colour works great with these) and tights for a shopping trip, and go vampy in velvet at night by adding thick black tights and cut out boots. [pagebreak]WednesdayCinema Date How perfect are these shorts? Bang on the monochrome trend, hitting the pretty prints, and only £18 from River Island. Team them with a bright crop and leather jacket combo with Converse for a casual date look, or match with a cute cami and heels for full-on glamour. [pagebreak]ThursdayDay Off These high-waisted denim Levi’s always make an appearance on my off-duty relaxing days; they’re so comfy and easy-wearing. Throw on a baggy top for an effortlessly cool look so you never have to be caught off-guard on your lazy day again.(These beauties were from a vintage second-hand shop in Halifax, but they’re all over eBay and online boutiques waiting for you to buy… So maybe this is what you should be doing on your next day off!)

[pagebreak]FridayBBQ on the Beach The best bargain buy! I bought these from eBay for less than a fiver, and they’re beautiful. It sort of looks like you’re wearing a skirt when you wear them, but the fact that they are actually shorts means that you can sit comfortably when you’re sunbathing (fingers crossed for any chance at all for this to even happen in Lancaster), because there’s no worries of over-exposure (not talking heat exposure). In the day when the sun’s out, wear with a light vest top, and pull on a jumper when it gets cooler during the evening.

What’s more, they sell so many different colours on eBay. Get surfing! [pagebreak]SaturdayDaytime: Breakfast with HousematesNighttime: House Party These stunning Boo-hoo shorts are ever-so-wardrobe-friendly. They’re simply perfect for every single season. When nipping for a bite to eat with friends on Saturday, team with a long-sleeved top or body, tights and comfy flats.Get your pins out this Saturday night and style them with a pretty black bralet and chunky heels. Saturdays’s saviour! [pagebreak]SundaySundays were made for strolls, picnics and parks…Sundays were also made for these Primark shorts! Not only are they ‘just-thrown-them-on’ and easy-wearing, they are also trés festival chic, and look perfect paired with wellies and a trench coat for a walk in the park. Quite literally.

First year student studying English Language and Linguistics.Absolute bargain hunter, customiser and shorts-collector.