It’s All About That Autumn Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

I am not sure about you, but Autumn is my favourite season of the year. It’s all about warm colours, coziness, atmosphere, falling autumn leaves and pumpkin spice latte! Also, this is exactly that time of the year to make yourself look on fleek. Nowadays, fashion is based on simple and minimal outlines, however you can still play around and look fabulous. Autumn’15 presents us with a wide range of colours. For instance, cool greenish-gray or comforting and warm shades of oak. Nevertheless, your closet definitely must have the Marsala colour. Whether it is a coat, shoes,  a dress or a hat! Marsala… sounds like a delicious dish or an Italian wine, huh? It is a kind of winey red-brown, rich colour that has taken the world of fashion by storm this season!

Let’s take a look at some of the marsala-inspired pieces for you to wear either at lectures, to have a cuppa tea with a friend or just for a walk!

A duster coat is also a must have for this autumn, it is basically a long and loose coat. You can pair it with jeans or a dress and your favourite pair of sneakers.

Cold Lancaster mornings call for warm turtlenecks. Turtlenecks! Everyone has got one and yeah you are lucky as they are the hottest trend for this autumn-winter time. This kind of sweater is a functional fashion staple to keep you warm and also make you look glamorous.

Guess what else is one of the top trends? It is a tartan&check printed clothes. This print is back in the style agenda. It brings bright and colorful interpretations to your style.  You may create several looks with this print, from casual to a more sophisticated office look.

There is a huge amount of trends and colours for you to think about for your everyday outfits. The only advice is ‘keep it simple’! Also, don’t forget about a classic and timeless fashion piece– a scarf! Short or long, black or white, whatever you’re feeling like, really. Scarves will complete your look and warm you up throughout the entire day.

Now you know all of the latest autumn trends, get yourself dressed up, grab a pumpkin spice latte and you’re ready to go! 

England | Multilingual marketing student at Lancaster University | LUMS ambassador |  Content writer |    
Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!