I Have This Thing With… Rose Gold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

It seems that ever since the arrival of the Rose Gold iPhone 6, there’s just no escaping a bit of shine or sparkle in our newly adored shade of pink. Really – I’ve trawled high streets top to bottom in a bid to swap every accessory a girl should own with a rosy replacement, and I’m sharing the most utterly beautiful ones with you!

So, you’re not emotionally (*financially) ready to part with your perfectly functioning non-Rose Gold iPhone? Fear not – SKINNYDIP can solve that one with a quick fix phone case. I picked up this dazzling addition in Topshop and it’s like Mean Girls and Christmas got put in a blender and out this came.

Picture frantically hitting random computer keys on a last-minute deadline having *no idea* what is happening. Now picture those flailing hands with fingertips coated in Maybelline’s Rose Chic nail varnish. Better? Better.

Is there any worse a problem in the 21st Century than a fraying iPhone charger? Since you’ll need to keep to the rose gold theme now, here’s helping that awkward angling in bed with an extra long, super rose ‘goldified’ iPhone charger! 

Do you ever go into WH Smith for a single first class stamp and walk out having spent a tenner on rose gold goodies? I do. I just can’t help myself. This leather-feel rose gold notebook is just *beautiful* – the only problem is I can’t bring myself to write inside of it yet, so while its a lose-lose for bank balance, it’s a first place win for accessory haul.

So how do you make better buying a notebook you can’t even bring yourself to write in? You fall for the buy one get one half price offer of course! (Which technically means, I’ve saved money). Not that I needed one, but I couldn’t leave this gorgeous pouch on the shelf. Pens or makeup – I don’t think it’s clear which of the two it was explicitly designed for – but it looks soooo good added to the collection.

Fairy Lights

Has anyone else discovered that TK Maxx is life yet…? Rose gold fairy lights – enough said.

The Rose Gold Travel Mugs

Starbucks are really nailing the aesthetics at the moment with their travel mugs, flasks, and tumblers – if you like glitter, rose, pretty and gold, need I say more?

Rosy Extras…

Stationery – You can’t beat a bit of TK Maxx’s stationery aisle. Whatever you’re doing right now, stop, and get there. If you don’t buy it, I will..!

Clothes Hangers – I bought some beautiful pink metallic hangers from Zara Home, only to find their sisterly double at Primark. No more breaking the bank balance!

Everything else – At the moment, Home Bargains have this eye-candy section of rose gold everything: baskets (I bought two already), photo frames, notebooks, pens, literally the most random bunch of rose gold accessories. And it’s all so cheap. You heard it here first. 

Masters student at Lancaster University and unofficial Queen of Madrid. Living for coffee, travels, and Zara Home, mostly. Follow the Insta-fun @dial_emma.
Lover of fashion, beauty, art, travelling