This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

With deadlines now looming, week 6 calls for some serious escapism. The ‘Museum of the Moon’ exhibition is a wonderful excuse to get out the house and go for an adventure.

Exhibiting just a 15-minute train journey away from Lancaster, at Preston’s Harris Museum & Art Gallery, the giant moon, in all of its 23-foot glory, is more than accessible from both campus and town.

Besides the huge three-dimensional moon which dominates the museum, there are also plenty of lunar-inspired facts and events in the exhibition room. The Harris also boasts a fantastic fine art collection which lines the grand staircases. It also has its own exhibition room, where everything from Lowry paintings to Mistry sculptures are boldly displayed.

With trains at around £5 for a return, and free entry to the Harris, you’ll have plenty of cash left over to make it into a day trip. Preston is blessed with many eateries that Lancaster lacks, including a Nando’s, Turtle Bay, and Pizza Express, all within a five-minute walk from the exhibition.

‘Museum of the Moon’ is being exhibited until Sunday 24th February at the Harris Museum & Art Gallery in Preston.

All images are writer’s own 

Emily Watson

Lancaster '20

Linguistics and English Language 👩🏼‍🎓
Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.