The Coats You Need This Season!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

The coats you need for this season. Step into the New Year with this season’s most loved coats.

I know that I’m one of those people who would rather be cold than wear a coat that could potentially ruin my outfit. But go back to basics with your style items and make one of these coats a statement piece in your wardrobe. (And do so quickly, they won’t stick around on those rails for too long!)

Coat 1

Houndstooth Coat – £109 £49.99 – Zara 

With the classic monochrome trend carrying over into 2014, you can’t go wrong with this dogtooth print boyfriend coat from Zara. Just check out the price! Who knew a sale could be this good to you? Or be this good FOR you? Remember, ladies, if you need an excuse for this impulse buy, it will keep you warm! If the thought of this patterned garment is too frightening, one suggestion is to team it with a pair of jeans, a black crop top and some boots. You can easily jump into that cocktail bar on Friday night by swapping jeans for some peg leg trousers and adding barely there heels! If you like being noticed, then this one’s for you. And if not, buy it anyway because you are sure to look amazing.

[pagebreak]

Coat 2

Pink Faux Fur Collar Double Breasted Coat – £70 – River Island

Next, monochrome meets pastel. If you want to look like a little doll, or Cher Horowitz from Clueless (LOVE THAT FILM), this pastel pink number is for you. The double breasted blazer is a step forward from the boyfriend coat, and if you especially don’t want to look like you’ve slung on your dad’s coat, then this pink number is far from the thought. This coat is also a lot shorter, which is brilliant for us petite girls; if you’re like me and buy something which ends up past my knees! If I haven’t swayed you enough already, just look at the faux fur collar. Such a glamorous addition to anyone’s outfit, and if your New Year’s resolution is to stop dressing like a tom boy, throw this on!

This coat is also available to buy via ASOS.com, who offer 10% student discount and free delivery!

[pagebreak]

Coat 3

Teddy Fur Pea Coat – £79 – Topshop

THIS is my ultimate dream coat ever ever ever! I’m an absolute lover of teddy bears (guilty as charged) and if you are too then why not essentially become one?! This pea coat ticks all the right boxes for me. It’s black, furry, short, collared, has pockets… need I go on? Well, yes, because I do like to ramble. You will never find another excuse to not put your coat on chilly winter mornings, as this will add so much to your outfit that you will never want to take it off. If black isn’t your thing, then why the hell not? Just kidding! But you can purchase this in cream and baby pink too. So, go on and add some texture to your wardrobe that you’ll never regret!

Don’t forget the 10% student discount with an NUS Card and free shipping on orders over £50!

[pagebreak]

Coat 4

Cottage Ovoid Coat in Cotton – £160 – French Connection via ASOS.com

SWOON. Jet set your way to the Champs Elysees with this French fancy! This coat may be a tad out of your price range as a student, but I just HAD to show you it! This is definitely a key piece to have for entering spring. Even though the sun will soon begin to shine, outerwear should still be keeping strong in your mind. The crew neckline is rather unusual, but nevertheless, perfect for layering. Pristine white in colour, French Connection definitely don’t fail you with the effortless tailoring on what is such a classic piece. It is in keeping with the boxy shape, much like the boyfriend coats, but is more luxurious with concealed zips and 100% pure soft cotton. I am in love! If you are too but more persuasion is needed, you can get 10% off this coat with free shipping!

All in all, these coats are great pieces to take you from winter to spring, and are amazing investments, especially from a sale! Be sure to snap them up before they’re gone, and leave us comments about what you think of these coats and anything else you’d like to see here!

Lauren X

I'm Lauren Collier. I'm nineteen years old and I'm a second year English Language in the Media undergraduate. I'm a social media enthusiast, blogger and obsessed with living a healthy lifestyle!Email: lauren-collier@hotmail.co.ukInstagram: www.instagram.com/laurenlcollierTwitter: www.twitter.com/laurenlcollier