This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

If you haven’t received a leaflet about ‘Snackdom’ on the spine or heard about it from your friends, you’re certainly missing out. Dominic, a first year studying Computer Science and Maths, has filled the void in library goers lives which they might not have known even existed by utilising the fact that late night essay writing and copious amounts of sugar go hand in hand. Getting sweets usually involves leaving your seat, which in Lancaster Uni library, leaves you at risk of getting a semi-abusive note on your table. However thanks to ‘Snackdom,’ the dreary walk to buy sweets when pulling an all night library session is a thing of the past. The sweet-delivery service he runs on campus means you can order your favourite pick and mix, chocolate and drinks from his website, and have it delivered to your exact campus location within 45 minutes. 

What gave you the idea for Snackdom?

I used to love selling sweets at break time in secondary school in the playground and I’ve always wanted to have my own business. So I combined the two together to create SnackDom.

How did you think of the name?

After I spent some time trying to figure out what to call my business, the name SnackDom just popped into my head out of nowhere. I liked the name because it’s a combination of my name and what I sell.

How does it work?

You go on the website www.snackdom.com and pick out exactly what you want in your pick ‘n’ mix bag. You can also buy pre-bagged sweets, popcorn and chocolate. You then purchase the snacks and it’s normally delivered to you in under 45 minutes. I do the deliveries myself by bike but when it gets really busy, I call friends to help out.

What has the reception been like so far?

It’s been getting very busy lately which is very good. I like that my customers are enjoying their sweets/snacks :)

What are your plans for the future?

I would like to expand my stock range even further and possibly expand into other universities.

Anything else you have to tell us about Snackdom….

I do SnackDom because I like the idea of running a business. When the website is open, I’m never thinking of closing time. Instead I’m always hoping that there’ll be more orders because I enjoy doing what I do. I’m always taking in feedback from customers for example if they have a request for something they’d like me to sell, I’ll try my best to get that product in stock. Finally, I hope to carry on doing SnackDom even after I leave uni taking it as far as I can.

Isla Philo

Lancaster

Lancaster University, 3rd year student
English Language and Linguistics student at Lancaster University, with a passion for all things magazine- be it beauty, fashion, lifestyle, career, reviews! Co-Editor for HerCampus Lancaster. Check out my instagram: conniemaitland