Campus Celebrity: Olivia Davy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Olivia Davy, Bowland Netball C team Captain

1. Tell us a little bit about you!

I’m in my final year, studying marketing. I’m one of the two C team Bowland netball captains and I’ve been part of Bowland netball since 2nd year.

2. How and when did you first get into netball?

I occasionally played netball in high school, but I only really got into it in my second year at uni when I joined Bowland Netball, it’s safe to say I was pretty useless when I started playing again!

3. What are your main responsibilities as a captain?

As C team captain I’m mainly just responsible for planning my team time in training, and deciding who plays matches. The A team captain organises the training sessions overall. 

4. Has there even been a particularly aggressive match!?

Founders will always be feisty, as for both teams, it’s the most important match of the year. There have been other occasions with aggressive matches but nothing will compare to founders and how much each team wants to win!

5. How can people get involved with netball at Lancaster?

Literally anyone can get involved with netball at Lancaster through the college system, most colleges have 3 teams so there’s a range of levels, and it’s a fun way to play netball. There’s also LUNC if you want to represent the uni at netball.

6. Do you have any plans to carry on playing netball once you’ve graduated?

I currently have no plans, but would love to carry on playing after I’ve graduated, although I need to figure everything else out first!

7. Is there anything you dislike about your role?

No it’s great fun and gets you to know everyone really well. Every match makes the girls and I proud, and seeing people really improve is great.

8. What would you say is the best thing about being part of this society?

We have some amazing socials, even if I don’t remember them all! Bowland netball is just a great way to stay fit and make friends, I’m sure the other college teams and uni netball would say the same about their teams. The highlight of our year is definitely Founders!

Mother tongue English, fully Italian. Born in Tokyo, lived in Hong Kong, grew up in Milan and currently studying at Lancaster University, UK. Multi lingual, I love to read, write, sing, cook and lead a healthy lifestyle. Her Campus Lancaster Editor in Chief as of April 2014!