The Best Shops For Budget Christmas Decorations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

With the festive season looming closer, it’s impossible not to notice the shops littered with Christmas decorations. However, on a student budget, it is often difficult to buy the decorations that you want to make your student living as homely as possible, before returning to your roots for the Christmas holidays.

There are several shops in Lancaster that can help add some festive cheer without breaking the bank.

• Poundland

Image from Poundland

Cheap and cheerful comes to mind with these decorations, but nonetheless you can get a lot for your money. Whilst some might be pretty tacky, it is understandable given the price and it will help transform your house or flat into a small winter wonderland.

• Primark

Image from Primark

Lancaster’s Primark home section is always an ideal choice for Christmas décor. Not only is it affordable, but they often have themed ranges, such as Disney. These decorations are a bit more on the classy side!

• Home Bargains

Image from Liverpool Echo

Home Bargains often stocks Christmas crackers and chocolates that will be perfect for your student Christmas dinner. It is probably a good idea to stock up on crackers as soon as possible, as the last week of term panic will set in and it’ll be difficult to find any at a reasonable price.

Alternatively, you could embrace your creative side and make your own! The Works are great for cheap craft items and not only will it be satisfying to produce your own Christmas grotto, but it is also a great way to socialise with your housemates in the run up to end of term deadlines.

Image from Pinterest

Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.