The Best Places to Get Pizza in Lancaster

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Calling all pizza lovers – you finally have your excuse to fulfil that craving. As it’s National Pizza Day, we’ve put together this list of the best places to go for pizza in Lancaster.

In no particular order, the winners are…

Boot & Shoe

Boot & Shoe has become somewhat famous for its fresh, wood-fired pizzas. Located roughly halfway along the main bus route to town, you’ve probably noticed this pub for its cute beer garden. Inside, though, is a super warm and welcoming, recently renovated bar-come-restaurant. You can choose anything from the ham, pineapple & mushroom, to the vegan margherita, to the goats cheese & marinated tomatoes with fresh rocket – my personal fav! All standard size pizzas are also 2 for 1 every Monday and Tuesday, so you’re getting amazing value for money.

Paulo Gianni’s

Paulo Giannis is located on Market Street, just opposite Starbucks. The best thing about this Italian restaurant is its happy hour – when you buy any drink from 12-2pm and 5.30-6.30pm daily, you can choose from ten different pizzas, all for just £5 each! If you like your pizza super cheesy, Paulo Gianni’s is the pizza place for you.

Bella Italia 

Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic. With Bella Italia, you know exactly what you’re getting. And with deals regularly available on UniDays and Groupon, you can enjoy a date night for a fraction of the usual restaurant cost.

Pizza Margherita

If your budget is slightly higher, why not indulge in a fancier pizza? Pizza Margherita is the self-proclaimed favourite pizza restaurant in Lancaster. It’s located towards the theatre, down the hill from Dalton square, and serves everything from classic Margheritas to more exotic choices like the Lorenzo (Barbeque pulled pork, roasted red peppers, caramelized onion, mozzarella & sage…yum!).

This is by no means an extensive list – Lancaster is full of local businesses serving amazing food! So why not try somewhere new…it is National Pizza Day after all!

Emily Watson

Lancaster '20

Linguistics and English Language 👩🏼‍🎓