Local Farms Food
Local Farms Food
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

The Best Lancaster-based Accounts To Follow On Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

When you’re stuck in the campus bubble of first year, it’s easy to feel a little disconnected from the city you’re living in. I found this isolation particularly difficult – until I started discovering what Lancaster really had to offer on social media. And there’s a lot more going on than you think!

Gorgeous brunch inspo: @journeysociallancaster

This trendy, greenery-filled coffee shop is a little gem located just off of Common Garden Street, and it serves serious brunch goals. Their Instagram account is the perfect mixture of latte art, avo toast and plants galore. Definitely worth a follow.

The realest memes: @thelancastertab

Why limit yourself to Facebook for your fill of relevant memes? The Lancaster Tab’s Instagram page is the only way to spice up your feed and keep you in the loop.

Music meets veggie heaven: @theherbariumbar

One of my favourites, the Herbarium’s Instagram account, is filled with freshness. Everything from their beautiful décor, cute cakes and veggie dishes to die for, and musical flair, is perfectly showcased in their brilliant photography. The occasional yoga post also never goes amiss!

Serious arty aesthetics: @licaatlancaster

LICA, or Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts, not only regularly update their account with fantastic student artwork, but also showcase some of campus’ most aesthetic spots. If you love art and photography, this is a definite must.

Everything Her Campus: @hercampuslancs

Of course, Her Campus’ Instagram page is nothing less than fire. Get the low down on everything from travel inspo, to the best Lancaster coffee shops, to motivational quotes that really make you feel amazing.

And this is by no means an extensive list. Lancaster is becoming increasingly visible on social media. So, get stuck in, and keep exploring and discovering what Lancaster has to offer! 

Emily Watson

Lancaster '20

Linguistics and English Language 👩🏼‍🎓
Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.