This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Autumn fashion.

Here we go again, another year, another season, another academic year, another halloween party, and now it’s ‘Take my money and give me that pumpkin spice latte!’ time, along with new trends in the fashion industry. Whenever ‘autumn’ crosses your mind, there’s a certain level of predictability and you obviously can imagine some looks in your head. Have you just thought about a duster coat or a warm turtleneck, huh? Absolutely, i guess, since they were in trend for many seasons already. However, this autumn surprises us with some unexpected trends we never thought of, but would definitely love to wear. 

First of all, the newbie consists of 50 shades of pink. Whether it a pale or a dusty pink, it will only make you look and feel chic and elegant. Moreover, such a beautiful color will add a bright note and a little depth to your autumn palette. It can be a pink dress, shoes or even earrings! Play with your imagination and think of ways that you could complete your outfit with the accessory that is you. 

How can we not include a denim in our closet? It was a trend years ago and it still is. Wear denim to lectures, walks, everywhere you go, basically. But what if your love exceeds to the level you wish to wear denim to official meetings? The new trend – flare jeans look amazing if you know how to combine them and wear with nice heels. Celebrities are a good example of how to combine these jeans with other clothes and look so posh! Besides the amazing look you get in these jeans, they benefit your shape, making you look taller and skinnier.  

Fashion always brings back old good things, for instance, already loved by many – MOM jeans. They’re high wasted, with narrow ankle and make you look so fab! If earlier they were light blue wash, now you can find them in any color along the way with cool patches on them. Moreover, your mum would definitely appreciate your choice.   

Roomy coats, leather accessories and any masculine pieces led to a new trend, ‘mens-inspired’. Adding just a single piece makes your outfit look edgy and stylish, in other words, a perfect way to mix-up your regular, everyday look. Plus, a trendy print this season is leopard, just look at how amazing your look can be combining these two trends together.   

Hope you found this advice beneficial and chose the trends that will most likely suit you. I just want to mention, whatever you wear – the most important thing is to feel comfortable in it. As Coco Chanel said “Fashion changes, but style endures.” So it’s not all always following the latest trends, but know how to show your personality by adding some of the details. Happy Michaelmas term, everyone!​​

England | Multilingual marketing student at Lancaster University | LUMS ambassador |  Content writer |