5 Things To Appreciate In The Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

With the Winter nights drawing in, there’s no better time than the present to take in the beauty of Autumn.

1. Walking through leaves 

Image from Greg Shield on Unsplash 

I love the feeling of the crunchy leaves beneath your feet on a cold, Autumnal day. There’s something nostalgic and child-like about wading in the piles that accumulate on the pavement.

2. Frosty mornings 

Image from Stijn Swinnen on Unsplash 

Whilst it might be difficult to force yourself out of your warm bed in the morning, it seems less difficult when there’s a beautiful frost to admire during your uni commute.

3. Winter sunsets 

Image from Irina Kostenrich on Unsplash 

Red sky at night, Shepherd’s delight!

4. Long walks 

Image from Ellen Aauer on Unsplash 

Wrap up warm and get some fresh air. Treat yourself with a warming cup of hot chocolate on your return.

5. Collecting conkers 

Image from BBC

Take yourself back to your primary school days and collect a few conkers in your local woods. They’re a natural deterrent for spiders as well as reminding you of the fun that was had in the playground.

Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.