This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

With Christmas just around the corner, we all get stressed out about what to give to our close ones. Nothing says ‘I love you’ more than a gift you have put time and effort into making yourself. Surprise your friends and family with one of our super easy DIY Christmas gift ideas (and no, macaroni art is not an acceptable option).

Accordion Album

Do you want something sentimental and easy to make? An accordion album is the perfect gift idea for you! You only need two things – paper and some glue (and the pictures of course). It’s THAT simple!

Cut the paper into long strips, fold and there you have it! Now attach your pictures on with some adhesive.

After you’ve glued on your pictures you can add or draw on, depending on your artistic abilities, a pretty cover page. To personalise it even more you can put stickers and little notes on each of the album’s pages! Super cute and easy to make!

Find the full instructions here.

Personalising a Coffee Mug

If you know your person can’t live without their coffee/tea this gift is perfect! Once again it takes minutes to complete! All you need is a plain mug and some markers. Get creative!

Find the full instructions here.

Bath Bombs

If you know your person needs some self-care and relaxation time, then our next gift idea might interest you – personalised bath bombs! You can make them any shape, colour and scent! And it’s all easy and cheap to make. Sounds great so far, doesn’t it?

Here’s what you’ll need:

1) A cup of baking soda

2) Half a cup of citric acid/lemon juice

3) Half a cup of Epsom salt (or sea salt) – relaxes the muscles!

4) Half a cup of cornstarch (to make the mixture stick together)

5) A teaspoon of your favorite oil (Argan oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil)

6) A few drops of soap dye or food colouring (optional, but makes it more fun)

7) A few drops of essential oil of your choice – to add that nice fresh scent! (we recommend lavender – it has proven calming effects on the body)

8) Mix, shape in molds (or cupcake tin) and put it in the fridge overnight!

Creative writing student lacking creativity.
Currently a 3rd (and final!) year English Literature and Creative Writing student at Lancaster University.