10 Things To Do This Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Autumn is here! We’re loving it, aren’t you? Lancaster is such a great city during Autumn, it really comes alive. There’s so many events on and so much to do both outdoors and indoors. Here’s our list of 10 things to do this Autumn if you’re wondering what you could be getting up to this season!

1. LightUpLancaster

A highlight of the year, LightUpLancaster is my favourite of all Lancaster city’s events. The town is magically lit with various light shows, displays and mesmerising installations across town. It happens just before Bonfire Night and is one not to miss!

2. Get reading

Autumn is a lovely season to snuggle up on the sofa, or a park bench with a good book. 

3. Warming drinks

Costa have so many new seasonal drinks that you should totally check out! Also try Forever’s Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea, or a good homemade marshmallow hot chocolate will do the trick!

4. Apple picking

This is the best season for a cute day apple picking with friends. If you’ve not got your own apple tree why not plant one so you can get picking next year, or find some local apples trees. Get the girls together and spend time together doing something a little different outdoors!

5. Flower arranging

Autumn brings with it a lot of beautiful yet dead leaves, however the florists are still packed with some beautiful blooms. Buy a couple of bunches and de-leaf the stems, before cutting the stem on a diagonal. Then arrange in a vase and place in the living room or your bedroom to brighten up those dreary Autumn days.

6. Pumpkin picking

Up here in the North West of England, there’s plenty of farms open to go pumpkin picking. Find one local to you and take your girls along. You can also get some super Insta-worthy shots, as well as coming home with some little orange monsters.

7. Days in bed

Do not feel ashamed to spend a day, or the entire weekend, in bed! Whether you choose to have your duvet day solo, or you invite your girls or boyfriend round, make the most of of it with plenty of movies.

8. And don’t forget the popcorn!

Make your own popcorn and eat it during your film-binge duvet day!

9. Pumpkin painting

A fun thing to do as a group, or even solo, is to paint pumpkins, rather than carving them. They may great decor for Halloween parties too!

10. Baking

You can’t not get your Autumn bake on! Get inspired by the Great British Bake Off and make some tasty treats to enjoy and snack on to keep the blues away. 

Anna Mather

Lancaster '19

Anna is a final year student of French & Linguistics at Lancaster University and will graduate in 2019. She is one of Lancaster's Chapter Correspondents. Her favourite topics to write about are fashion, style and interior design ideas. She loves to share photos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ku_layrosas/ She also runs Kulayrosas, her own fashion, faith and lifestyle blog: https://kulayrosas.com/