Anna Schultz-Converse With Patches On Diner Stool
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

Why I Love the Trolley Stop Diner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

The Trolley Stop Diner is the newest dining location on the Lafayette campus. While this may be controversial, it is my favorite place to eat on campus and I go there almost every day. 

1. It is worth the meal swipe. Compared to a normal restaurant, the food at the Trolley Stop is nothing special. But compared to the food at Upper and Marquis, the Trolley Stop deserves a Michelin star. Why get the powdered scrambled eggs or dry Murray’s chicken at the dining hall when you could have a freshly prepared meal at the Trolley Stop? Some of the items on the menu cost more than a meal swipe, but most of the options don’t. For the ones that aren’t covered by the meal swipe, I promise the extra two dollars are worth it from time to time. 
  2. There are a lot of options on the menu and you know what to expect. From breakfast, to burgers, to desserts, I can always count on the Trolley Stop to have something that I want to eat. At the dining halls, the food available is unpredictable and there are not that many options.
  3. They have plenty of gluten-free options. I always have trouble getting good food that is gluten-free at the dining halls. There are usually only two or three things I can eat at the dining hall on any given night, so it is nice to go to a place that can actually accommodate dietary restrictions. 
  4. The workers at the Trolley Stop are awesome. The manager works hard and is always around. The servers are all incredible and many of them go to school here. One of my friends works there and I always love to go in and say hi to her.
  5. They accept mobile orders when the restaurant isn’t busy! If I don’t have time to go sit down and order a meal, I can use the mobile order app to get my food. I live super close to the Trolley Stop so it is so easy to pick up my food. There are so many more options than there are at Lower and Gilbert’s and the quality of the food is so much better.

I love the Trolley Stop Diner and I think it is one of the best places on campus. Next time you’re sick of dining hall food or just looking for a great meal, be sure to Trolley Stop on by!

Hope Tracey

Lafayette '24

biochemistry major at lafayette :)