This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner, so it’s time to get on your spooky socks, sip your pumpkin spice latte and get out the candy for a movie night! Here are 10 Netflix must-see movies and TV shows you won’t want to miss this season:

1. Hush

A deaf writer fights for her life in this heart-racing as a killer attempts to break into her secluded home in the woods. This movie is a unique take on the classic thriller as the main character needs to resort to different senses besides hearing to protect herself from her killer.

2. Insidious 

When a family moves into a new home, one of their sons is drawn to the forest. Soon after, he falls into an inexplicable coma. The family realizes something is really wrong when paranormal activities start occurring in their home. Watch this haunted house film for some creepy jump scares. 

3. Terrifier

This killer clown terrorizes three women on Halloween in this American slasher film. Watch to see this clown terrorize his victims in unique ways not typical to slasher films.

4. Would You Rather

In need of money, a woman agrees to play a gruesome twist of a classic game. This movie will definitely have you on edge!

5. The Conjuring 

In this 70s based horror film, a family summons two paranormal activity investigators to help them in their haunted house. This edition to the Conjuring universe will surely have you spooked!

6. Scream

In this TV show, a series of murders terrorize a group of high schoolers in what they thought was a normal small town. It’s so addicting, you’ll get over how cheesy the acting is. 

7. Stranger Things

This retro-based TV show follows a group of friends as they experience paranormal events in their hometown, all seeming to connect back to a secret laboratory in the woods. You will fall in love with the characters and their shenanigans as they explore the world of the “Upside Down”. 

8. Riverdale

In this addicting TV show, the death of a popular high school student sparks a series of questions about whether the town is as safe as they thought. Follow Jughead, Archie, Veronica, and Betty in their adventures in this modern twist to a classic comic.

9. Pretty Little Liars

This TV show follows a group of four girls who are haunted by a mysterious person who seems to know everything about them under the name “A”. This series never gets old, no matter how many times you re-binge it!

10. The Vampire Diaries

A highschool girl’s life is turned upside down when she discovers her love interest is a vampire, opening her to a world of werewolves, witches, and more. You’ll fall in love with the characters, not to mention their dreamy eyes and abs!

Whether you’re in the mood to cuddle up for a thrilling movie or get yourself hooked on a mysterious TV show this season, these 10 got you covered!

known to be caught eating quesadillas twice a day and having ice cream sandwich cravings :)
Huge bagels and Soundcloud enthusiast.