Tips on How to Lower Your Carbon Footprint

As college students, we are all incredibly busy juggling classes, extracurriculars, friends, homework, and maybe even a job! That being said, it’s hard to keep track of the many things you should do to decrease greenhouse gas emissions, let alone keep track of the homework that’s due tomorrow; so here are a few tips on how to become more environmentally conscious in your everyday with little to no effort:

• Turn off the lights when you leave your room

• If you have a fan, humidifier, or air conditioner, turn it on sleep mode or unplug it when you don’t need it

• When it’s nice and you’re going into downtown Easton, think about biking or taking a walk down the hill rather than the shuttle or a car

• Make sure you throw your plastic and glass waste in the recycling bins rather than the trash

• Consider buying locally sourced products at the farmers market or supermarket rather than the big brand products you see at Walmart and Target

• Don’t forget a reusable bag when you head off to go shopping

• Stop buying cheap fast fashion! Upcycle your clothing, thrift, and donate the clothes you don’t wear locally to support the surrounding community

• Get some plants to lighten up your room

It’s important to consider how much greenhouse gasses are created as a result of everyday activities. With these small, easy tips, you can improve your carbon footprint and help the environment in more ways than one!