This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

This is not a discussion—these are pure facts!! If you are not a TikTok fanatic, then please get off of this article page. Although TikTok is a very addictive app and definitely interferes with our social lives and studying, it has helped us discover new songs that we very much enjoy listening to, whether we are at the gym, hanging out, or getting hype on a night out, so here we are providing a list of our favorite TikTok songs in no specific order. 

Roxanne by Arizona Zervas: This song speaks to us. It’s perfect for when you want to get hype and have a good time with our friends. It’s also super fun when you’re getting ready to go out.

Chinese New Year by Sales: This one’s a bit more chill. It has a fun beat and good vibes. This song is best enjoyed when hanging out with friends in a safe space where you can get up and dance to the chorus. 

Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa: When boys get you down, this song reminds you of how amazing you truly are. Her feminism shines through and makes this song an incredible girl power anthem.

Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder: Perfect for when you want to connect with your parents, but still have a fun time. This is the definition of “an oldie but a goodie.”

July by Noah Cyrus: This song is best when you want to be in your feelings and be sad for a little, but it’s still a banger! 

Lalala by bbno$: This song’s catchy opening will be stuck in your head for days. It’s so fun to dance to when the beat kicks in. 

Hungry Hippo by Tierra Whack: The peak of this song’s TikTok fame has passed, but it’s still a super fun song to sing along to. Whenever someone compliments my jewelry, my first thought is “I said thank you I designed it” thanks to this song.

TikTok music is so varied but all so catchy that there’s something for everyone, so why not give them all a listen! We’re sure you’ll enjoy at least one of the songs on this list.

Phoebe Simon

Lafayette '22

Standing tall at 5'1"
Rachel Garland

Lafayette '22

just a busy girl living life