This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Everyone has a different definition of self-care. For me, I like to take hot baths and showers. As someone with sensitive skin and a budget, I like to keep my hygiene routine simple and effective. Here are the products that I swear by during and after a shower. 

1. Dove Beauty Cream Bar

This bar soap is an excellent base clean that provides a nice lather and a fresh scent. It does not irritate my skin at all, which is super important, and doesn’t completely strip my skin of moisture while still making me squeaky-clean. It’s a 10 out of 10 product for sure. 

1. Dove Moisturizing Body Wash

This. Stuff. Smells. Divine. It has a super clean scent that lingers on the skin even after the shower. It is moisturizing and leaves my skin feeling soft. It has a great lather, too, and just a dime-sized amount goes a very long way. Dove body washes come in a lot of different scents, so you’re bound to find something that speaks to you. 

1. CeraVe Face Wash

This facewash is perfect for maintaining clear skin on my face. While it is designed for normal to oily skin, my dry face does not find that this product is harsh and drying. It also does not irritate me at all, and I like that it has no fragrance. 

1. Wet Brush

This brush has been with me for years, and I swear by it. I use it to brush and rinse conditioner out of my hair, and as a result, brushing my hair post-shower has never been easier. It is important to be careful when brushing wet hair because it is weak and can break easily. When using this brush the right way, it doesn’t pull or snag my hair. 

1. Baby Oil

This product *actually* changed my (skin’s) life. Not only do I have sensitive skin, I have dry skin too (great combo, yes I know) and baby oil has made my skin look and feel glowy and moisturized, respectively. There is no looking back now that I am hooked. I apply this right after I shower onto wet skin, as I believe the benefits of the oil are better absorbed (pun intended) when applied to wet skin. 

Now, what are your favorite products?

Rebecca Kane

Lafayette '23

Major: English Smoothie-holic. Keeping my dreams alive by hitting the snooze button. Open to any and all song recommendations.