This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Giving thanks and celebrating the holidays with your family is, of course, a plus, but everyone looks forward to the food. Every family eats different types of meals, desserts, and sides during Thanksgiving. From the countless turkeys to the lesser known corn pudding, each family shares a unique combination of foods with friends, family and loved ones. Popularly know are mashed potatoes, corn variations, stuffing, gravy, cranberry (fresh, of course) sauce, puddings, pies (preferably pumpkin), ham and more! In my house, we overload on the carbs by adding white rice alongside the mashed potatoes. Some families don’t even eat turkey, but opt for ham instead.

(Pixabay)

The food different people eat can signify family traditions, cultural influences and more. The key component in all Thanksgiving homes is the gratitude and love everyone shares with one another. Of course, being happily stuffed with food makes all situations better, but it is just a factor of the happiness and enjoyment surrounding the holidays! Below are three unique Thanksgiving dinner and dessert recipes you can take home to your family this week:

Upside Down Cheesecake Apple Pie

Turkey Sliders with Stuffing Biscuits

Chipotle Shells and Cheese Potato Skins

Grab your loved ones and see if you can find any unique foods your family shares on Thanksgiving Day! Embrace those family traditions or maybe even play around with starting a new one. Happy holidays, stay warm, and treat yourself to a much-deserved nap after your stomachs are full on Thanksgiving.

i like food
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette