Shows to Watch When Season 2 of Euphoria Is Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Like all of us right now, I am absolutely addicted to the show Euphoria on HBO Max. My entire TikTok ForYou page is all about Euphoria. It comes up in all of my conversations that I have with friends. It is even becoming a party theme at many colleges, including mine. While I love Euphoria, it is unfortunate that there are only a few episodes left in this season. After we finish them, we must wait several months for the next season to come out. Don’t know what shows to watch next? Well I’ve got you covered! Here are 10 of my all-time favorite TV shows (in no particular order)! Have you seen them all?

1. Grey’s Anatomy 

This one is my all time favorite show, hands down. I am passionate about medicine and am an aspiring physician so this show, while dramatic of course, gives me that exposure to the medical field that I love. It has just the right amount of comedy, drama and tragedy. If you start watching Grey’s Anatomy for the first time, get ready to become addicted. FAST. The good thing about Greys is that they are currently in the middle of their 18th season. They took a mid-Winter break but will be back with the continuation of season 18 on February 24th! If you do decide to watch this show, do not do it without a box of tissues (or two) next to you. It is a medical show so if you are squeamish and do not like the idea of a show set in a hospital, this one may not be for you. But that’s okay because there are plenty more recommendations below so keep reading :) If you do decide to watch it, seasons 1 through 17 are currently available on Netflix! Well, what are you waiting for?

1. Gilmore Girls

I cannot say anything bad about Gilmore Girls. It is one of those shows because it just makes you feel good inside. It is a great family show too! One of my favorite activities is watching TV with my family every night. We watched one or two episodes of Gilmore Girls a night last year. It is a great bundle of comedy and romance. There are those characters like Sookie and Michel where as soon as they enter the scene, you just know you are going to laugh. And who doesn’t love the mother-daughter relationship between Lorelai and Rory? This show also has its fair share of love triangles. Almost every person you talk to who has watched this show is on a different team in terms of who they want Rory to end up with. Who does she end up with? You will just have to watch to find out! It is such a good show and I cannot recommend it enough. You can watch all seasons of Gilmore Girls plus the reboot (when you are done, of course) on Netflix.

1. Gossip Girl

I started Gossip Girl last summer and to be honest, I was not a fan of it. Then I got towards the middle-endish of season 1 and I was hooked. Gossip Girl is not only a mystery up until the last episode but is also a show that features what it is like to live the glamorous life on the Upper East Side of New York City. There are characters that I absolutely detest and characters that I cannot see enough of. You will most definitely fall in love with at least one of them. This show teaches great lessons about toxic relationships and really makes you think about what defines a true “friend”. Gossip Girl also has constant plot twists and leaves you wanting more at the end of every episode. Every season of Gossip Girl is available to stream on HBO Max! Well Upper East Siders, get to it! Xoxo, Gossip Girl. 

1. The Vampire Diaries

Now, I’ll be honest. I never thought that I would become addicted to a show about vampires. But boy was I wrong. The show is set in a town called Mystic Falls and is filled with mysteries, villains and the supernatural. This show has constant twists and turns that will always leave you thirsty for more. You get so attached to certain characters that you forget they are not real people. You will laugh, cry, smile, and gasp. Once again, you will also fall in love. Ian Somerhalder is such an incredible sight for the eyes. If you want to watch this show, HURRY! They are taking it off Netflix on March 8th. I am devastated. Want to know why? Watch TVD!

1. The Originals

Do not watch the Originals until you have seen The Vampire Diaries. The Originals is a spinoff show that focuses on the original family of vampires that you first learn about in TVD. I liked The Originals more than I liked TVD because of its depth. It really digs deep into what family means and puts relationships to the test. This show also has some of the best acting I have ever seen. Klaus Michaelson (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah Michaelson (Daniel Gillies) are the brotherly duo you just cannot get enough of. The Originals takes place in New Orleans and shows how the Michaelson family came to be. To say that I cried during the entire last episode of the show would be a complete understatement. I bawled my eyes out. You get sucked into a fictional world with lots of romance, plot twists and betrayal. Always and forever. You can watch all five seasons of The Originals on Netflix! 

1. Outer Banks 

Yes I am one of those people who is obsessed with Outer Banks and dropped absolutely everything to watch it when season 2 was released this past summer. When you watch Outer Banks, you cannot help it but wish to be a part of the Pogue friend group. What at first seems like your typical show with teens and their drama quickly turns into a dangerous adventure and mystery. John B, Pope, Kiara and JJ are four friends that are on the hunt for a ship called The Royal Merchant that supposedly had over $400 million in gold on it when it sank. You not only get friendship from this show but you also get comedy, romance and even some villains. Season 2 is just ten times more intense than season 1, and I did not think that was possible after watching season 1. You can totally binge both seasons of Outer Banks on Netflix and see if you are a Kook or a Pogue at heart. Also, John B or JJ? Or Rafe? That is the question. 

1. Sex Education

Sex Education is downright hilarious. It is everything you would want from a show about high schoolers discovering their sexuality and the wonders of sex. It is also a British comedy-drama and let’s be honest: everything is better in a British accent. I am in the middle of season 2 of this show but I loved it from the first episode. I definitely will not be giving anything away because I am not far into the series. It never fails to make me laugh though. It is one of those shows you can have playing in the background while you cook or read a book. It does not demand a lot of attention. Otis is your typical awkward, high school boy who starts out completely innocent in terms of sexual things he has done or tried. His mom Jean on the other hand is a sex therapist so he has a deep knowledge when it comes to all things sex. What happens when the most innocent kid in high school decides to become the school’s sex therapist and makes a business out of it? Watch Sex Education on Netflix to find out!

1. Impractical Jokers 

This is my go-to show whenever I need to laugh. The best part is that it is not scripted and is almost all entirely improvised. The show features four guys who have been friends since high school and decided to start an improv troupe together. From there, they started Impractical Jokers. Each episode, there are two challenges for Joe, Sal, Q and Murr. Some are partner challenges and others are individual. They do a really great job with coming up with creative material for the show. They have hidden cameras in a public place and the guy whose turn it is wears an earpiece. Behind the scenes, the other guys are telling him exactly what to do and say. If he refuses to do anything or fails the challenge, he loses. There is a loser at the end of every episode and the loser gets a punishment that the other guys come up with. The punishments are hilarious and the guys know no limits. If you want to be rolling on the floor crying your eyes out from laughter, this show is for you. You can find a bunch of clips on YouTube or you can watch the show on TruTV!

1. Kids Baking Championship

I am a person who absolutely loves to bake and loves watching cooking and baking shows. I have tried them all: MasterChef, Chopped, The Great British Baking Show, and more. None have entertained me the way Kids Baking Championship has. It is currently in its tenth season and each season, the kids get more and more talented. This season happens to be the youngest group of kids in the show’s history and these are the most gifted kid bakers I have ever seen. Each episode the kids receive a challenge and are told what they need to bake. Every baking challenge is so creative and so cute too! And the kids are ADORABLE. Towards the middle of the episode, Valerie Bertenelli and Duff Goldman (the two hosts) throw the bakers a twist and see how they think on their feet. Then the rest of the episode is judging and sadly, there is an  elimination at the end. By the end of the season, there is a new Kids Baking Champion that is crowned. It is such a good show filled with delicious treats that make you want to jump through the screen to try them. You can watch the Kids Baking Championship on the Food Network! 

1. Jane the Virgin

Last but not least, Jane the Virgin. This show is full of mixed emotions and constant plot twists. First you laugh, then you cry, then someone is killed, then someone has a child… it’s mayhem! But that’s a telenovela for you. Jane is a pregnant virgin who was accidentally artificially inseminated with a stranger’s sperm. But maybe he is not a stranger? Maybe her life and his life completely overlap by some strange family coincidences? You will have to watch! Where can you watch? On Netflix of course! You may think this is just your typical romantic drama but boy are you wrong. You are in for a wild ride if you watch Jane the Virgin. Once again, there are two teams. Which one will you be on? 

I hope that you decide to try out one of these shows after season 2 of Euphoria ends. Trust me, you won’t regret it. It will be a nice break from the dark and depressing material that Euphoria offers. Thank me later :)

Julia Gesner

Lafayette '24

hi :) i'm a sophomore at lafayette college on the pre-med track and am the director of herpodcast! follow me on insta @julia.gesner and tiktok @juliagesner